Qasimia And Us.

Qasimia And Us. 















One fine day, I visited our neighbour
One fine day, I explored their buildings
One fine day, I let the discoverer in me free
One fine day, I let the fire burn brightly in me
One fine day, I let my inner self free

And I noticed...
The walls posh and high raised 
The corridors luxurious 
The students all immigrants 
The architecture standing out 
The haya of girls striking me 
The simplicity influencing me

I could hear my heavy breathing in the silence of the library 
Unlike us, they could easily find empty chairs and study rooms
I could see cars parked improperly, one car occupying the parking of two 
Unlike us, they don’t have to fight over parking and park on the footpath
I could clearly understand the Arabic spoken by the girls,
Unlike us, they would speak clean Arabic Fus’ha

I could feel how an immigrant in an under-developed country,
Would feel once bought into this prosperous fantasy land
I could feel the enlightenment they would feel,
Walking through the wide corridors
They have worked hard to learn to fly with their own wings
They have worked hard to colour their own rainbow
Their families proud and delighted with their progress
Their intuitions clear and high.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STRAY CATS

Tourist (?)